The Rockin' Hollywoods present "Solid Gold Rock & Roll" from the 1950's
thru the 1980's with an energy and excitement that captivates audiences of all
Formed in 1973, the band utilizes period costuming, very physical choreography
and staging, with great vocals and musicianship, gaining them critical and
The Rockin' Hollywoods were voted "Best Performing Artist" for 1987 in the
Minnesota Music Awards. The Minnesota Ballroom Operators Association
voted them "Band of the Year" for 1986 and 1989. The band has been nominated
virtually every year since 1976 by the MBOA, and nominated in 1986 and 1988
by the prestigious Minnesota Music Awards Academy.
The Rockin' Hollywoods have drawn praise from the Beach Boys, whom they
opened for in 1990 and 1985, and have worked with other greats such as Rick Nelson,
Bo Diddley, Del Shannon, Gary Puckett, Four Tops, Neil Sedaka and many
Their second album "Greaseland" was released in June of 1988. Produced by
veteran songwriter and musician, James Walsh of the "Gypsy Band", the LP is a great
collection of well known and a few obscure songs as well. A third album,
released in 1990, "Danceland" is also available.
And check out our Facebook page for more info, pix and other fun stuff!
The Rockin' Hollywoods Facebook Page
The Rockin' Hollywoods were inducted into the "Minnesota Music Hall of Fame" on November 2, 2007, and into the "Minnesota Rock & Country Hall of Fame" on April 28, 2007!
Yes - We Do Weddings!|
"My wife and I wanted the best band for the best event in town. The event... our wedding. The band... the Rockin' Hollywoods. It was the best night ever!"
Chief Meteorologist at WCCO-TV
"My daughter is getting married fall 2012. I booked the Rockin' Hollywoods a year and a half ahead to make sure they would play her reception. They had played at a reception I attended, and it was by far the best I had been to. I can't wait for the wedding and the fun reception!!"
"We had a blast having you play at our wedding. Your band was the talk of many towns with the crowd that we had for our reception dance. Thanks for making our night so memorable, special and unforgetable!"
Christine and Andy Gagnon
"Hey Steve- Thank you so much for putting on such a wonderful show. Phil and I and our guests had a blast dancing and listening to you guys. Our wedding day was very memorable and your band was very accomodating to the stage set-up, and I really appreciate that. The band was a hit, just like I thought!"
Sarah and Phil Magler
The History of the Rockin' Hollywoods!
We have CD's available for sale at every show. Ask any band member!
"When I first started playing music, The Rockin' Hollywoods were a big influence on my attitude toward the business. They're hard work, professionalism and endless touring schedule gave me something to strive for. They let me on their stage to sing a song with them long before anyone new my name. I will never forget their kindness and I am lucky to call them friends for many years now. Congratulations on 40 years!"
Brian Leighton - of G.B. Leighton fame
"When I think of Minnesota music and the great bands that have endured the test of time I think of the Rockin' Hollywoods. They have been a mainstay of Minnesota music for 40 years. They have set a standard in musical value like no other group. I had the honor to work with them on a CD project and it was one of the best projects I have ever been a part of. Band leader Steve Ghizoni and I have been friends for a good part of the 40 years and we both share a love for Minnesota music and commitment to keeping great rock and roll alive. I congratulate Steve and the Rockin' Hollywoods on 40 years and continued success as they play on. Congratulations again."
2016 Show Schedule
- 2 - Big Lake Concert Series - Lakeside Park - 7:00 PM - 8:30 PM
- 3 - Edina Art Fair 50th Anniversary - 50th and France Ave -
8:00 PM - 10:00 PM
- 11 - St Croix Falls Concert Series at Overlook Park - 212 North Washington St - 1:00 PM - 5:00 PM
- 12 - Spring Lake Park Tower Days at Lakeside Park - 79th and Pleasantview
6:30 PM - 9:30 PM with Dawn L McArthur
- 16 - Elk River Riverfront Concert Series at Rivers Edge Commons Park with Dawn L -
679 Main St.
7:00 PM - 8:30 PM
- 17 - Private Country Club
- 21 - Brooklyn Center Centennial Park Amphitheater - 6301 Shingle Creek Pkwy. - 7:00 PM - 9:00 PM
- 23 - Private - Project Explore
- 24 - Oakdale Summer Fest at Richard Walton Park Bandshell - 1584 Hadley
7:00 PM - 11:00 PM with Dawn L
- 25 - Little Six Casino - Prior Lake - 8:00 PM - 11:00 PM
- 4 - Richfield 4th Celebration at Veterans Park - 66th and Portland - 7:00 PM - 10:00 PM
Fireworks at 10:00
- 8 - Andover Family Funfest with Dawn L - City Hall - 1685 Crosstown Blvd. - 8:00 PM - 11:00 PM
- 13 - Eagan Marketfest - Bandshell - 1501 Central Pkwy - 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM
- 14 - Normandale Lakes Park - Bandshell - Bloomington - 5901 West 84th St. - 7:00 PM - 9:30 PM
- 21 - Buffalo Sturges Park Bandshell with Dawn L - 7:00 PM - 8:30 PM
- 22 - Slice of Shoreview - Island Lake Park - 3611 North Victoria - 7:00 PM - 10:00 PM
with Dawn L McArthur
- 23 - Private Company Picnic
- 31 - Little Canada Canadian Days Fest Sunday Afternoon Performance - Spooner Park
351 Eli Road - 2:00 PM - 4;30 PM
- 2 - National Night Out at Broadway Village - 6046 West Broadway - New Hope - 5:30 PM - 7:30 PM
(thanks Paul Thomas Ghizoni!)
- 3 - Harmony in the Park Concert Series - Lindstrom at City Hall Park - 7:00 PM - 8:30 PM
- 5 - Immaculate Conception Summer Jam - 4030 Jackson St NE - 6:30 PM - 10:30 PM
Columbia Heights with Dawn L
- 6 - Washington County Fair - 8:30 PM - 11:00 PM - Lake Elmo with Dawn L
- 12 - Almelund Threshing Show - 8:00 PM to 12:00 AM with Dawn L
- 19 - Steele County Fair - Owatonna - 8:00 PM - 10:00 PM with Dawn L
- 20 - Gear Head Get Together in Maple Lake, MN at Midtown Municipal Parking Lot - 11:00 AM - 2:00 PM
- 26 - Private Southwest High School Reunion Class of 1966
Thank you Pizza Garden and the Fischer Family!!
- 30 - Forest Lake Gazebo Cornfest Concert - 6:30 PM - 8:30 PM with Dawn L
For more information call612-940-7795Steve "Rimshot" GhizoniTo send e-mail, click on this rock & roll classic!